Looking for compassionate, wise, and skilled support?
If so, you've come to the right place. My great joy for the past 25 years has been to be a psychotherapeutic midwife for women over 40 in big change.
When we work together, my approach with you is personalized, because everyone has different needs and different ways of exploring, learning, and healing. I use techniques drawn from a wide range of theory and practice, including Eastern and Western spiritual traditions when that would be helpful. Humor and playfulness are important, too.
Most important, though, is that I listen clearly and compassionately to your unique story, and help you discover the particular meaning of your journey while expanding awareness of the choices available on that journey.
My job is not to be the expert on your life. Rather, my job (and my joy) is to help you discover and connect with your own wisdom, intuition, and inner guidance.
Melissa's my Compassionate Catalyst. Ready to find courage and heart to move through all that uncomfortable unknown into a real, honest to god awesome new life? When you're facing Big Scary Change and need a wise and loving guide, call Melissa. She's the one. ~ Stella Wallace
My post-graduate professional training as a life coach means I offer you the best of both professions: my psychotherapeutic ability to go as deep as you need to go into scary places, and my pragmatic, forward-moving skills as a life coach.
I can help you with the tasks of big transitions:
- name, grieve and release the "old normal," including intangibles like beliefs and identities
- access your own inner strengths while navigating change
- deal with the fears and concerns that keep you stuck and prevent you from moving forward to new life
- find hope, and trust in your own journey again
- give yourself permission (and learn skills) to lovingly care for yourself
- harvest meaning and learning from the challenges of transition
- learn to ask for, and receive, help from others
- create a life that sings for you (I promise you it's there!)
I've never felt so deeply listened to, and understood, in my whole life. Someone said that being listened to is the closest thing we know to being loved. I felt loved like that working with Melissa, just when I felt more vulnerable and confused than I ever had before. ~ Gail Bernank, RN
Results of working with me?
Clients know I make very few promises, but if you stay with the sometimes hard work of psychotherapy, here's what you'll come away with:
- A "new normal" that's deeply lifegiving and meaningful
- New self-trust and self-confidence, solidly rooted in experience
- Powerfullly effective skills to nagivate future big change with grace
- Deeper faith in life, the unknown, and your Higher Power, however you articulate It
Sessions in person, and by phone or Skype
- In Seattle? We can work together in the lusciously cozy comfort of my home office. And know you have the option of always having sessions by phone if traffic, weather, or the vagaries of life make it easier to stay at home or office for the session!
- Somewhere else? I work with clients all over North America and the world, via phone, audio Skyping, or video Skyping. These sessions range from single-session consultations to longer term psychotherapy and coaching.
I'm a licensed mental health counselor with the State of Washington, as well as a National Certified Counselor.
One of my favorite questions is from Parker Palmer: "Is the life I'm living the life that wants to live in me?" I'd love to help you create that life that wants to live in you, your very own wild and precious life.
You don't have to go through this alone. Call me 206-427-1325, or email me at Melissa@MelissaGayleWest.com, with any questions or to schedule an appointment.